ROJs Tragus Piercing

This was supposed to be posted last July, but as always, I'm so lazy to post about it.

This is about three siblings got nothing to do with their ears and decided to have a tragus piercing.

But what exactly is a Tragus piercing?

The tragus piercing is a perforation of the ear for the purpose of inserting and wearing a piece of jewelry. The tragus projects immediately in front of the ear canal. The piercing itself is usually made with a small gauge hollow piercing needle, and typical jewelry would be a small diameter captive bead ring or small gauge post style piercing jewelry.

The hollow, low-gauge needle used for the piercing can be either straight or curved, depending on the piercer's preference. Tragus piercings are not painful due to a relatively smaller number of nerve endings in the tragus.

Body piercers recommend about 12-18 weeks before changing the earring as it has a high risk of getting infected due to long hair getting caught around the earring, any hair product residue, or improper cleaning. Also, swelling of the tissue can cause the earring to get caught in the skin possibly resulting in hospital surgery and removal of the tragus if the earring is replaced too early.

The popularity of tragus piercings began to increase around 2005, according to the BBC.

Thank you very much Wikipedia for a very informative post about it. LOL

A tragus piercing is simply a piercing on that tiny flesh just between your face and your ear.

My sister is the one who wanted us to have this type of body modification, and she actually has the most number of piercings amongst us three.

She requested it after arriving here in the Philippines after being gone for a year teaching hopeless kids to learn English abroad.

We had our tragus piercings done at Grand Central Mall, I believe its at Monumento. There's a small tattoo and body piercing shop there that definitely looks creepy and infested by different types of germs, specially the guy who pierced us. >:|

My sister and my younger brother happens to be both anemic, and they can't handle too much of the pain a piercing gives, specially my younger brother. Luckily, I happen to not have the same handicapped as them.

I wasn't able to take a photo of my tragus piercing that day, 'cause I was too busy takig care of them after getting groggy because of their new piercing. Until now I haven't taken any photo of it 'cause my ear is too dirty. LOL

I added something about its aftercare here, but my internet connection went out and it wasn't save! Now I'm too lazy to type it again. GODDAMNIT! Oh well, I will just have to create a separate post about it then.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment