No need to wait for doomsday

It was one fine afternoon when I decided to check my facebook for something new, and when I was on it, I noticed that everyone was talking about doomsday happening on the 21st of May in the present year. I was like "WTF? No way?!", so I started asking my friends and colleagues about this insane news. I thought I have to wait for the year 2012 before doomsday.

My friend told me about a guy named Harold Camping predicting doomsday on the said date, and he said that this guy cracked the secrets on the Bible to know the exact date.

Curiosity sends me searching for this guy, and found out some stuff that really made me think if this guy is for real.

Harold Egbert Camping - (born July 19, 1921) is an American Christian radio broadcaster. He is president of Family Radio, a California-based radio station that spans more than 150 markets in the United States.
Camping's trademarks include his deep, sonorous voice coupled with a slow cadence. He is notable for twice having used Bible-based numerology to predict dates for the Rapture, dates which passed without incident in each case. The most recent was his 2011 end times prediction; he calculated that the Rapture would occur on May 21, 2011, and that God would subsequently completely destroy the Earth and the universe five months later on October 21. He had previously predicted that the Rapture would occur in September 1994.

WTF? - So it wasn't the first time he predicted the doomsday. Well nobody's perfect, why not give him a second shot, right?

Doomsday - Its the 21st of May, The news said that it will occur exactly 6:00PM, and so I waited. I was so bored waiting for it that I fell asleep. I woke up 9:00PM, and hey! I'm still alive! *LOL
It was just an ordinary day, no rapture or stuff that will come falling from the sky and destroy mankind, it was just an old man predicting his own doomsday.

I don't actually know what the old guy is on, maybe some hallucinogen or some stuff, but failing to predict doomsday the second time around is actually the same as dooming yourself. If it was me, I don't think I will still have the guts to show myself in public and give them more lame reasons why I failed AGAIN.

I've read some stuff over the internet, and they said that this guy was actually making huge money from it! Wow! Now I will definitely predict doomsday everyday!

What I believe - I know this may not sound good to others, but what the Bible said that the end of the world is not knowable, I don't believe it. With the technology that we have now, I think doomsday can actually be predicted.

The Mayan Prophecy - This one seems to be real, I don't actually believe it a 100% but there are actually scientific basis to support this prediction, and it was actually interesting that some other predictions from different countries actually coincides with it.

Still hoping for a Zombie Apocalypse - I don't know about you, but I'm really a fan of zombie films and stuff about zombies, so I'm still hoping for a zombie apocalypse. I'm actually planning to create a post about how to survive it, but I'm still gathering informations on how to actually survive it.

I think that's it! I'll be posting more so please do subscribe and share it with friends!
Thanks and Happy Failed Doomsday AGAIN to all of you!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment