Got LSS from America's Inspector Mills

It was one fine afternoon when my girlfriend and I decided to have some fun singing on our karaoke. While we were at it, my girl saw this small piece of paper inside the song book. It was a list of songs my dad had written on a paper so that he wouldn't have to search for it if he wanted to sing those songs again.

Me being too lazy to look for songs to sing, I decided to just use my dads list and just sing them all whether I know them or not. After singing five or even more songs, One song stayed inside me and just started singing it on a random.


The song was "Inspector Mills" by "America" from their album "View from the ground."
I have no idea why of all the songs I sang, this is the one that got me a last song syndrome, its not even the last song I actually sung or even heard.

Well one thing's for sure, Its one beautiful song. For those who don't know the song, here's some lyrics and video for you.



Inspector Mills I'd like to tell you 'bout a girl I saw
At a party just the other night in Beverly Hills
Inspector Mills I hope you find her and it don't take long
Watch my feelings for her growing strong in a war of wills
Inspector Mills

I can't attempt to point you in her direction
I didn't see her walking out of the door
If I had taken my time she'd be standing here still
Inspector Mills

I recall once in my life I felt this way before
But I let her go and closed the door, walk away
Inspector Mills I can't attempt to show the hurt in me
And just how much I need the company; search the valleys and the hills
You gotta find her Mr. Mills

I can't attempt to point you in her direction
I was blinded by the look in her eyes
If I had taken my time she'd be sitting here still
Inspector Mills

Oo, someday soon I might be in love with her

Inspector Mills I guess you've taken quite a look around
Guess I've heard the word from underground, she's gone for good
Inspector Mills is it any crime for a fool like me
Try to use your time 'cause I wanna see; you just send me the bill
Inspector Mills, Inspector Mills

I can't attempt to point you in her direction
I didn't see her walking out of the door
If I had taken my time she'd be lying here still
Inspector Mills, Inspector

I can't attempt to point you in her direction
I was blinded by the look in her eyes
If I had just followed through then I wouldn't be calling you





 

0 comments:

Post a Comment